Contact OptionsSchedule Appointment(847) 438-4222 x 11Contact Form
Helping people define and solve their problems has been a very satisfying part of my life. I work at connecting caring support with insight, exploring strengths, identifying self-defeating habits and assumptions, and mapping a path for self-improvement. I find my work satisfying and rewarding.
Who I Serve
I work mostly with adults and teens. A large part of my practice is with troubled marriages and their failure to communicate needs well or to achieve the experience of understanding and empathy. Another large part of my practice is individual problem solving and addressing troubled emotions with adults and college students. I also work with many teenagers around making sense of their life situation and helping them develop a strategy that can make life work better for them.
Specialty Treatment Areas
- Self-defeating patterns
- Spiritual struggles/self-understanding
- Relationship conflicts and failure to communicate
- Life coaching/direction, competencies, values clarification
My general approach is cognitive behavioral problem solving with emphasis on understanding the role of your personal history, life experience, and learned strategies/style of coping that may be blocking your success and happiness. I use many techniques of psychotherapy interventions to help people change their self-limiting ways of seeing themselves and the world around them.
- Illinois Registered psychologist since 1976
- Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology, Northwestern University, 1975
- M.Div., McCormick Theological Seminary, 1972
- M.A. in Counseling Psychology, DePaul University, 1971
- Former Psychology Department Chair, Trinity College, 1970-1980
- Christian Association for Psychological Studies since 1972
- American Psychological Association since 1976
- Illinois Psychological Association since 1976