Preparing for Your Visit
Where do I begin?
If you’ve decided to start therapy at Cherry Hill Counseling:
- Speak directly with a therapist or contact our office at (847) 438-4222 before scheduling your first appointment. A therapist’s direct contact information (phone or email contact form) is available on their Staff bio page as well as listed in the dropdown menu below. Our Client Care Coordinator can also help connect you with a therapist by calling our primary office number listed above.
- Schedule an appointment with your therapist by phone or emailing them through the direct contact form listed on the therapists staff bio page. If your therapist uses an online scheduler, select “Set up an account.” Returning clients may click “Schedule an appointment.” Many therapists only schedule first appointments by phone. Click to View All Therapists
- Review our HIPAA Privacy Practices. The link below accesses those documents electronically. Paper versions are also available at the time of your first visit.
- Complete your intake forms electronically. Your therapist will provide you with an email link to complete your intake forms electronically via Docusign. Those forms can also be accessed thorough the links available on most therapists staff bio pages. Please do not begin to complete intake forms until you have spoken with your therapist and have scheduled your first appointment.
What Can You Expect at Cherry Hill Counseling?
Whether your first experience with Cherry Hill Counseling is on the phone or in our office, we want to make a personal connection and continue to build on that connection during your time with us. We recognize that your situation may be stressful or deeply upsetting. We work to provide you with the support and guidance you need to to achieve your goals for therapy. You can expect to be treated with kindness, respect, and compassion while we’re working together to restore your best self.
When you’re within the four walls of our office, you can expect a warm and inviting atmosphere and a supportive one-on-one experience with your therapist. Refreshments are just an added bonus!
What can I expect when I call?
- A warm greeting from the therapist on the other end
- A few introductory questions to get a feel for your situation and needs
- Basic guidance through any online paperwork or documentation needed
What can I expect when I visit?
- A friendly greeting from your personal therapist
- A private counseling space
- An inviting atmosphere
- Copies of any necessary paperwork that was unable to be completed online
What can I expect to gain from therapy?
- Increased Independence
- A solid understanding of yourself and your strengths
- A renewed appreciation for your friends and family
- A sense of community and acceptance