Preparing for Your Visit
Where do I begin?
If you’ve decided to start therapy at Cherry Hill Counseling:
- For help choosing a therapist, contact Kelly DeHaan, our Client Care coordinator at (847) 438-4222. Or search through our therapists by age range, issue, or location under our “Browse by” tab above or scroll through our therapists HERE.
- Speak directly with a therapist before scheduling your first appointment. You can contact a therapist by phone or via their contact form located on their profile page. Your therapist will give you instructions on how to set up your first session and provide you with any necessary forms to get started.
- Review our HIPAA Privacy Practices HERE.
- Complete your intake forms electronically or in person. Your therapist will provide you with an email link to complete your intake forms electronically via Docusign. Alternatively, paper forms are available in our waiting rooms.
What Can You Expect at Cherry Hill Counseling?
Whether your first experience with Cherry Hill Counseling is on the phone or in our office, we want to make a personal connection and continue to build on that connection during your time with us. We recognize that your situation may be stressful or deeply upsetting. We work to provide you with the support and guidance you need to to achieve your goals for therapy. You can expect to be treated with kindness, respect, and compassion while we’re working together to restore your best self.
When you’re within the four walls of our office, you can expect a warm and inviting atmosphere and a supportive one-on-one experience with your therapist. Refreshments are just an added bonus!
What can I expect when I call?
- A warm greeting from the therapist on the other end
- A few introductory questions to get a feel for your situation and needs
- Basic guidance through any online paperwork or documentation needed
What can I expect when I visit?
- A friendly greeting from your personal therapist
- A private counseling space
- An inviting atmosphere
- Copies of any necessary paperwork that was unable to be completed online
What can I expect to gain from therapy?
- Increased Independence
- A solid understanding of yourself and your strengths
- A renewed appreciation for your friends and family
- A sense of community and acceptance