I often hear from my clients how they feel “stuck” at the start of therapy. I’ve been there and know that feeling. Through my own therapy, I discovered how healing works best in a relationship. I benefited from the support, insights, and challenges from a counselor. Now in my own work, I have the joy of supporting clients on a collaborative journey from that stuck place to a place of healing and growth. With training in both therapy and theology, I am uniquely equipped to address clients’ emotional, psychological, and spiritual needs.
Who I Serve
I work with adults, older adolescents (ages 17 and up) and couples. I have experience treating depression, anxiety, life transitions, addictions, trauma, and spiritual issues.
Specialty Treatment Areas
- Couples counseling
- Faith issues/Spiritual abuse
- Trauma recovery
Additional Treatment Areas
- Substance Use Disorders
- Grief and loss
- Aging related concerns
- Career transitions and challenges
My main theoretical approach for individuals is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Related to that, I treat trauma using the Cognitive Processing Therapy model. I also have specialized training for couples work in Emotionally Focused Therapy. Additionally, I incorporate elements of Existential Therapy, Attachment Theory, Solution Focused Therapy and 12-Step work into my counseling.
- Private pay
- BCBS PPO
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor in the state of Illinois
- MA in Mental Health Counseling, Trinity International University, Deerfield, IL
- M.Div., Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Deerfield, IL
- B.A. in English, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
- Externship in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Training in Cognitive Processing Therapy for trauma