The goal is progress not perfection. When we compare ourselves to the ideal future we desire, we often feel disappointed about where we are and the amount of progress we have made. When we compare where we are to where we have been we have the opportunity to celebrate our progress and use that energy to take the next step. I am passionate about meeting people where they are at, and helping them discover their first step and to keep momentum towards their goals.
Who I Serve
I work with adults, teens and adolescents ages 12 and up.
Treatment Specialties and Competencies
- Anxiety disorders
- Chronic pain/Chronic illness
- Parenting skills
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Divorce support for individuals
- Career changes/Work related stress
Feedback from Clients
“First impressions are really important and Jack did great.”
“When I first met with Jack it was like I had already known him for a long time.”
“I look forward to my appointments.”
“He was able to take complex things he learned and simplify them so that they were easy to understand.”
“I felt comfortable right away, he is easy to talk to.”
My approach is influenced by a cognitive behavioral theory, mindfulness, and emotionally focused therapy. I adapt my approach based upon my client’s needs and goals.
- Master of Social Work from Dominican University in River Forest, IL
- Bachelor’s degree in Christian Ministry with an emphasis in Counseling and Social Services and a minor in Biblical Studies from Trinity International University in Deerfield, IL
- LCSW: Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the State of Illinois
- CCATP: Certified Clinical Anxiety Treatment Professional. Click HERE for more info about CCATP.
- Certified 123 Magic Parenting Trainer. Click HERE for more info about 123 Magic.
- Military Service Members, Veterans, and their Families Clinical Social Worker, National Association of Social Workers. Click HERE for more info about MVF-CSW.
- CBT-D: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Depression, Department of Veterans Affairs. Click HERE for more info about CBT-D.
- EFT: Emotionally Focused Therapy – Completion of EFT Externship. Click HERE for more info about EFT.
- NASW: National Association of Social Workers
- ICEEFT: International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy. Click HERE for more info about EFT.