I believe the relationship between client and therapist is a partnership as the client is the true expert on their own experience and needs. I join with clients to provide clinical guidance on areas of change identified by the client. I find it extremely rewarding to assist a client in becoming their most successful self.
Who I Serve
I work with adults ages 18 and over.
Specialty Treatment Areas
- Early dementia coping
- Family caregiver support
Additional Treatment Areas
- Transitioning to retirement
- Life transitions
- Death and dying
I use a mix of Cognitive/Behavioral therapy, problem solving therapy, supportive therapy, and Motivational Interviewing depending on the needs and preferences of the clients. I also believe that psychoeducation should be included in all therapy as this allows clients to understand both their symptoms and the therapeutic approaches that can address those symptoms.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the state of Illinois
- Masters of Social Work from Loyola University, Chicago, IL
- MA in Clinical Professional Psychology, Roosevelt University
- National Association of Social Workers