The process of seeking help can be intimidating and, at times, unnecessarily burdensome. I hope that at its best, therapy can ease that weight and help develop that “still point in a spinning world.” My therapeutic style seeks to provide a comfortable sanctuary that although professional, still remains casual. Working with children and families for 20 plus years has helped me to adapt a professional playfulness that allows for relationship building, while respecting the seriousness of their concerns.
Who I Serve
Although, working with nearly all populations, I tend to focus my work on those often marginalized by society, including children, adolescents, young adults, LGBTQ and those seeking gender affirming care.
Specialty Treatment Areas
- Child and adolescent behavior problems
- Identity/Self-esteem/Body image
- Trauma recovery
Additional Treatment Areas
- Gender affirming
- Suicidal ideation
- Transition care post-hospitalization
- Sibling conflict
In accordance with best practice and in a desire to make the recognized therapies work for the client, I have chosen to avoid the “cookie cutter” approaches to counseling. Instead, I adapt a mindfulness strengths-based, flexible application packaged for the specific client.
- Private pay
- BCBS PPO
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor in the State of Illinois
- MA in Counseling Psychology
- Child and Adolescent Trauma Professional (CATP)
- Eye Movement and Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)