I believe relationships are a foundational and necessary way we interact with the world around us. One of the most valuable aspects of my job is to be able to enter into a person’s relationship with themselves and others. I have a passion for coming alongside people and helping them discover their own ability for change and growth. I desire to meet people in a nonjudgmental way, build upon strengths, and equip them to handle current circumstances. Regardless of the walk of life one is in, it is important to not go through it alone.
Who I Serve
I work with ages 18 and up providing individual, family, and couple counseling. I am passionate about helping people restore broken relationships with themselves and others. I approach couples and families through an Emotionally Focused Therapy model by identifying the negative cycle that is creating distance within the relationship and working to restore the attachment bond.
Specialty Treatment Areas
- Relational issues - couple/family
- Mood disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Life transitions
Additional Treatment Areas
- Divorce support
- Obsessions and compulsions
My goal is to collaboratively and holistically work with each individual and tailor my treatment approach according to his or her needs. Working out of a person-centered approach, I integrate interventions from Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Emotionally Focused Therapy, Internal Systems Therapy, and Acceptance-Commitment Therapy.
- Licensed Clincal Professional Counselor in the state of Illinois
- M.A. in Mental Health Counseling at Trinity International University
- B.A. in Psychology from Trinity International University, Deerfield, IL
- International Center for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT)
- Chicago Center for Emotionally Focused Therapy (CCEFT)