I am a bilingual counselor (English and Mandarin Chinese中文普通话). I am passionate about counseling and truly recognize the extraordinary privilege and honor it is to be able to experience with my clients their healing and growth through the counseling process. I strive to create an environment where my clients feel safe and supported in order to explore their issues and achieve freedom and growth. I believe that, as relational beings, people have an innate need for deep connections and that healing happens in safe relationships.
Who I Serve
I work with teens, adults, couples and families. I have a special heart for working with couples who struggle with marriage problems to help them build stronger and healthier marital relationships. I am experienced in working with individuals from various cultural backgrounds and multiracial/multicultural couples. With deep understanding of both first generations and second generations in immigrant families, I have a passion for helping them navigate their intergenerational differences in order to create mutual understanding from both sides.
With experiences in ministry and training in both psychology and theology, I am equipped to provide service from a faith perspective for clients when preferred.
I produce video content in Mandarin Chinese for my YouTube channel. Click HERE to visit my channel and watch/subscribe.
Specialty Treatment Areas
- Marital and couple problems
- Family relationships and parenting
- Grief and Loss
Additional Treatment Areas
- Faith-based or spiritual concerns
- Sexual/physical abuse
- Emotional intelligence and regulation
- Interpersonal relationships
- Suicidal and self-harming thoughts
- Ethnic identity development
- Multicultural issues
Emotionally Focused Therapy
Person Centered Therapy
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Private pay
- BCBS PPO
- Licensed Professional Counselor in the state of Illinois
- M.A. in Mental Health Counseling, Trinity International University, Deerfield IL
- Master of Divinity from Trinity International University in Deerfield, IL
- B.A. of Economics from Fudan University in Shanghai, China
- American Counseling Association
- National Board of Certified Counselors