I am a bilingual counselor (English and Mandarin Chinese中文普通话). I am passionate about counseling and truly recognize the extraordinary privilege and honor it is to be able to experience with my clients their healing and growth through the counseling process. I strive to create an environment where my clients feel safe and supported in order to explore their issues and achieve freedom and growth. I believe that, as relational beings, people have an innate need for deep connections and that healing happens in safe relationships.
Who I Serve
I work with teens, adults, couples and families. I have a special heart for working with couples who struggle with marriage problems to help them build stronger and healthier marital relationships. I am experienced in working with individuals from various cultural backgrounds and multiracial/multicultural couples. With deep understanding of both first generations and second generations in immigrant families, I have a passion for helping them navigate their intergenerational differences in order to create mutual understanding from both sides.
With experiences in ministry and training in both psychology and theology, I am equipped to provide service from a faith perspective for clients when preferred.
I produce video content in Mandarin Chinese for my YouTube channel. Click HERE to visit my channel and watch/subscribe.
Specialty Treatment Areas
- Depression & Anxiety
- Marriage counseling
- Parenting and intergenerational conflicts
- Identity development and self-esteem
- Immigrant and biracial/bicultural families
- Faith-based counseling
Additional Treatment Areas
- Career planning/transitions
- Grief and loss
- Emotional regulation
- Trauma recovery
- Suicial thoughts & behaviors
Emotionally Focused Therapy
Person Centered Therapy
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Private pay
- BCBS PPO
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor in the State of Illinois
- MA in Mental Health Counseling from Trinity International University, Deerfield
- Master of Divinity from Trinity International University, Deerfield, IL
- BA in Economics from Fudan University in Shanghai, China