We live in an imperfect world and each of us has experienced a unique journey that has molded the way we respond to life’s challenges and difficulties. Much of our personalities are formed before we are even able to talk. As a result, there are forces at work within us that we often don’t understand as we try to relate to others, cope and make meaning of our lives. I seek to create a safe environment and listen empathetically to understand the experience of each of my clients as we work together to find healing, hope, personal growth, and freedom.
Who I Serve
I have a particular burden for those with broken or struggling relationships. I have also found that most individual struggles are usually a by-product of relational issues. We all need a secure base to go out from and a safe haven to return to in our lives and properly functioning relationships provide these things. My passion is to help individuals and couples understand the forces at work within them along with the nature and health of their relationships to make positive changes and live more satisfying lives with no regrets.
Treatment Specialties and Competencies
- Marital concerns
- Relational Issues/Couple/Family
- Low Self-worth
- Anger and Stress Managment
- Self-defeating Patterns
Treatment Modalities and Theoretical Orientation
- Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Attachment Theory
- Interpersonal Neurobiology
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Internal Family Systems
- Solution Focused
- Master of Arts, Mental Health Counseling, Trinity International University, Deerfield, IL
- Cum Laude
- Associate in General Education, McHenry County College, Crystal Lake, IL
- President’s Honor List
- EFT: Emotionally Focused Therapy – Advanced Training Status: Click HERE for more info about EFT.
- Certified 123 Magic Parenting Trainer. Click HERE for more info about 123 Magic
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), State of Illinois
- National Board for Certified Counselors, Inc. (NBCC)
- ICEEFT: International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy. Click HERE for more info about EFT.
- American Counseling Association