My work helping people to improve their quality of life is rewarding and fulfilling. I enjoy developing a rich understanding of others’ experience in order to identify their motivations, beliefs, and emotions. One of my favorite aspects of this work is how one can be surprised by, learn from, or empathize with so many different people.
Who I Serve
I primarily work with adolescents, transitional age youth, and adults, however I occasionally work with children in elementary school. I address issues related to anxiety and mood disorders with many clients, but I also have experience in addressing substance abuse and domestic violence. My practice is focused on helping my clients to better navigate the limitations in their life that are sources of distress.
I provide individual therapy, psychological evaluations/testing (see evaluative services page for more information), group therapy, and couples therapy.
Treatment Areas and Competencies
- Anxiety disorders
- Domestic violence and other trauma
- Substance abuse
- Mood disorders
- Behavioral disorders
- Self-esteem and emotional regulation
- Traumatic brain injury
- Educational testing/ADHD
- Psychological evaluations/testing
Approach to Session
My approach to my work would be described as integrative, meaning that what techniques are used depend on the client and why they are coming in for services. I believe that my role as a clinician is to facilitate increased self-awareness and be a collaborative relationship that seeks to address the challenges in clients’ lives. I view therapeutic care as a place to learn about and test out strategies clients can use to approach the world in a different or more effective way.
Treatment Modalities and Theoretical Orientations
- Exposure and Response Prevention
- Externship in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology (Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Chicago, IL)
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology (Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Chicago, IL
- B.S. in Psychology (Northeastern University, Boston, MA)
- Certified Partner Abuse Intervention Professional