I am a bilingual counselor (English and Mandarin Chinese中文普通话). I am passionate about counseling and truly recognize the extraordinary privilege and honor it is to be able to experience with my clients their healing and growth through the counseling process. I strive to create an environment where my clients feel safe and supported in order to explore their issues and achieve freedom and growth. I believe that, as relational beings, people have an innate need for deep connections and that healing happens in safe relationships.
Who I Serve:
I work with children, teens, adults, couples and families. I have a special heart for working with couples who struggle with marriage problems to help them build stronger and healthier marital relationships. I am experienced in working with multiracial/multicultural couples.
Intergenerational conflict is commonly seen in immigrant families due to parent-child acculturation gaps. I am a first-generation immigrant married to a second-generation Chinese American. With deep understanding of both first gens and second gens, I have a passion for helping immigrant families navigate their intergenerational differences in order to create mutual understanding from both sides, so that each member can feel understood, appreciated and cared for.
With training in both psychology and theology, I am equipped to provide service from a faith perspective for clients when preferred.
I am dedicated to the wellbeing of the broader community. I run free monthly psycho-educational workshops on Zoom, covering various topics.
- Marital and couple problems
- Family relationships and Parenting
- Grief and Loss
- Faith-based or spiritual concerns
- Ethnic identity development
- Multicultural issues
- Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Attachment Theory
- Person Centered Therapy
- Faith-based Counseling
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Dialectal Behavioral Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- M.A. in Mental Health Counseling from Trinity International University in Deerfield, IL
- Master of Divinity from Trinity International University in Deerfield, IL
- B.A. of Economics from Fudan University in Shanghai, China
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor in the State of Illinois
- American Counseling Association
- National Board of Certified Counselors