Peer Consultation Group for Professional Counselors
Peer Consultation Group
Come Be Apart of the Professional Dialogue
Join Clark Barshinger, PhD, Keith Bjorge, PsyD, and Brendan Bell, MA, LCPC for a monthly two-hour peer consultation group. Groups are scheduled for the 2nd Thursday of every month from 9:00 am to 11:00 am at the Lake Zurich office.
Dr. Barshinger, Dr. Bjorge and Brendan Bell have a combined 83 years of experience as professional therapists, broad exposure to numerous counseling challenges and clinical treatment approaches, and also represent three different generations in clinical training. Dr. Barshinger and Dr. Bjorge also have an extensive background in teaching at collegiate and graduate programs. Along with this rich history of experience, all three clinicians remain students of learning, students of counseling, and are invested in the discoveries that can occur through dialogue with other professionals. Come be apart of the dialogue!
Peer Consultation Goals will include:
- Conceptualizing cases and identifying the complex factors contributing to a client’s problem
- Tailoring treatment approaches and interventions for each group participant
- Identifying and capitalizing on therapist’s strengths, while improving on therapist weaknesses
- Recognizing “blind spots” and other internal processes related to difficult cases
- Learning the differences and similarities in thinking critically vs. thinking clinically
- Leveraging empirically supported therapies and best practices
- Finding solutions, when empirically supported therapies are not enough
- Treating resistant clients with strategic interventions, story and paradox
- Adjusting treatment approaches to work with unconventional clients, artists, and out-of-the-box thinkers
Peer Consultation Group Details:
The first group meeting is scheduled for January 12, 2017 and will remain open to professional therapists as needed.
The group will be held on the 2nd Thursday of every month from 9:00 am to 11:00 am.
Cherry Hill Counseling 61 S. Old Rand Road Lake Zurich, IL 60047
$45 a participant per session
Feel free to call Brendan for more information: (847) 438-4222 x14
Brendan C. Bell has served in the mental health field since 1998 and has worked as a psychotherapist in private practice for the last 20 years. His expertise involves working with middle schoolers, adolescents, and their families, with extensive experience addressing behavior disorders and oppositional kids. He also loves working with artists and creative types.