Cherry Hill Counseling invites you to an interactive training: Harm Reduction Skills for Therapists. This training will offer Compassionate strategies to effectively assist clients with addictive and risky behavior, trauma, and other mental health issues.
- Date: Thursday, February 21, 2019
- Time: 1:00pm-3:00pm
- Location: Lake Zurich Police Department, 200 Mohawk Trail, Lake Zurich, IL 60047
- Cost: $25 for 1.5 CEUs (IAODAPCA) – Lunch will also be provided
- To register email: email@example.com
- Or call: 847-438-4222
This training is designed for psychologists, social workers, professional counselors, addictions counselors, graduate students, recovery coaches, and patient advocates.
This training will explore the current revolution in addiction treatment. This consists of moving away from the disease model toward a bio-psycho-social process model for understanding addiction and a shift from an abstinence-only to an integrative harm reduction approach to treatment.
- Current status of addictive behaviors and treatment
- Description and clinical rationale of integrative harm reduction approach to treating substance misuse and other risky behaviors
- Bio-psycho-social model that considers the role of meaning, habit, relationships, social context, and biology
- Specific skills and strategies applicable to each therapeutic task
Click HERE for downloadable flyer.