Goal 1: Providing a safe space to process concerns, feelings, and beliefs within the LGBTQ+ community.
- Establishing group rules and norms
- Normalizing difficult conversations and welcoming emotional expression
- Experiencing collective universality as group members realize they are not alone
Goal 2: Fostering discussion surrounding identity-related issues, relationship struggles, and mental health.
- Engaging in Cognitive and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy skills to support our mental health
- Learning about and processing the development of healthy bonds and relationships
Experiencing the instillation of hope through peer support