Goal 1: Providing a safe space to process concerns, feelings, and beliefs within the LGBTQ+ community.
- Establishing group rules and norms
- Normalizing difficult conversations
- Welcoming the expression of raw emotion
Goal 2: Engaging in psychoeducation and inviting discussions about advocating for oneself and others within the LGBTQ+ community.
- Providing curriculum surrounding gender and sexuality
- Creating space to practice advocacy through role play
- Experiencing collective universality as group members realize they are not alone
Goal 3: Developing a strong set of coping skills to manage experiences of being ostracized.
- Engaging in Cognitive and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy skills and strategies
- Creating scenarios within session to apply the aforementioned acquired knowledge
- Learning about and practicing the development of healthy bonds and relationships