Facing It Alone? We Can Help with Group Therapy
Do you feel isolated in your distress? Unsure if anyone could understand your suffering? Our group therapies often surprise our clients with profound healing, team approaches and shared experience with the other group members.
The realization that you’re not alone in your struggle is the best catalyst for true growth and healing, and participating in group therapy provides that experience.
Being part of a group helps people naturally come out of their shell and share when they wouldn’t normally be comfortable doing so. That’s why we are huge supporters of group therapy at Cherry Hill Counseling.
What to Expect In a Group Therapy Session
- A confidential place to talk—we take privacy seriously!
- Someone who will truly listen
- A skillful therapist who can recognize problems and identify solutions
- Relief from both the psychological symptoms you recognize and the ones you may not
- Help to discover your own values and a clearer sense of purpose in your life.
We offer confidential group therapy sessions covering:
- Anger Management Group Therapy
- Women’s Issues
- Men’s Issues
- Social Skill Development & Management
- Adoptive Parent Training and Support
We also take inquiries and suggestions about future group themes — let us know if you’d like to be a part of a group not seen here.
Past Groups at Cherry Hill:
- What Direction Are You Headed? A two-session workshop for teenage girls
- Calling All Adoptive Parents!
- What’s Good About Anger?
- New Beginnings: A Stress, Depression, and Anxiety Group
- Back to God’s Design: Marriage Group
- You Don’t Have to Do It Alone: Men’s Group
Groups We Offer
We are taking suggestions for group topics at this time. Please let your therapist know if you’d like to participate in a group therapy session or workshop about a specific focus area.
- American Group Psychotherapy Association
- International Association for Social Work with Groups
- Psychology Today
- American Psychological Association
- National Institute of Mental Health
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Mayo Clinic
- Association for Behavioral Analysis
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies
- Anxiety Disorders Association of America
- Center for the Study of Traumatic Stress
- Gateway to Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Information
- Obsessive Compulsive Foundation
- Social Service Agency of Lake County