We all go through difficult times in our life. Having meaningful relationships is often what gives us the courage and strength to face those times of adversity. Forging a connection based on trust is my main priority with my clients.
Who I Serve:
I work with adults, children and teens.
- Mood Disorders
- Obsessions and Compulsions
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Divorce Support
- Family Conflict
- Sleep and insomnia
- Adjustment after having children
- Grief and loss
- Substance abuse and addictions
- Marital/Couple Problems
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Prolonged Exposure (PE)
- Family Systems
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
My social work career began in Chicago working for a non-profit mental health clinic that specialized in addressing the mental health needs of the Latino community. In this setting, I worked with children, teenagers and adults experiencing a variety of challenges, such as trauma, divorce and addiction. It was this professional experience that opened my eyes to the importance of working from an environmental framework in which all aspects of the client’s life are considered.
My social work career has largely focused on working with survivors of sexual, emotional and physical abuse. Often those underlying, early traumas are the root cause of relationship and behavioral problems later in life. It is in helping clients discover meaning that I find the most satisfaction. My skill is in helping clients recognize their value and gain confidence in their own abilities.
- Masters of Social Work-University of Illinois at Chicago
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)-State of Illinois
- Fluent in Spanish